Refunds, Returns and Exchanges
You can return any item within 30 days of purchase if the item is unused with the original tags still attached, Factory Seal not Tampered; and in the original packaging which must be in the original condition. Simply contact us via email at info (at) banksiabook.com
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items: Gift cards Downloadable software products Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted
Book with obvious signs of use
CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
All refund rights under both State and Commonwealth law apply.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure. If the failure is minor, we reserve our right to offer to repair only. We reserve the right to not offer a refund or an exchange coupon.
Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under the policy and our obligations to you.
When you change your mind
- You have 30 days to return your items (some exclusion apply) for a full refund or exchange as long as it is returned in a saleable condition with original proof of purchase. The refund will be provided using your original payment method.
- By saleable condition we mean that the item hasn’t been opened or used, is still in its original packaging and all manuals, packaging and accessories are included.
- Computer games, CDs and DVDs must have the original security seal or and shrink wrap is intact. If you can’t provide proof of purchase, you will be asked to provide identification for Target exclusive products, containing your full name. We will record your name and form of identification provided, and we’ll offer you an exchange coupon to the value of the current price of that product.
- If you can’t provide proof of purchase and the item is national branded we will be unable to provide you with an exchange coupon or refund.
We will accept returns and provide you with a Returns Card, refund (refund will be provided using original payment method) or repair where:
- The item is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The item is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present a receipt or other adequate proof of purchase
We may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. We reserve the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Please be aware that data (including, but not limited to, images, music and video) may be lost during the repair process of electrical and electronic products. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all personal data is deleted before return to us.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Proof of Purchase
Returns, refunds, exchanges or repair requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents:
- Register receipt
- Online Tax Invoice (order confirmations will not be accepted)
- Financial statements such as a bank statement, credit card statement
- Flybuys statement
- Online proof of purchase when calling Customer Service also includes Zip, Afterpay and Paypal statements
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at info (at) banksiabook.com
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at info (at) banksiabook.com
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.